My recipe for fruity pancakes – which are comepletely vegan and gluten free! I make them with banana flour but you can use normal self raising flour if you wish for a more fluffy pancake. The banana flour makes them a little heavier, but its good to experiment with different four. Don’t use coconut flour – I’ve never had success using this!
You can leave out the fruit and just make a standard vanilla pancake, which my husband prefers to be honest. But I like to add as many different fruit and veggies as I can to my diet each day.
- mixing bowl
- Frying pan
- 1 cup banana flour (or spelt flour) or wheat flour if you can tolerate gluten.
- 1 cup plant milk
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 pinch salt
- 0.5 cup blueberries
- 0.5 small banana
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- mix flour, salt, baking powder, milk and vanilla essence in a bowl
- squish half of the blueberries and the banana
- mix everything together
- heat the frying pan
- Drop half a cup of the mix into the frying pan, then dry fry or use a small amount of vegan butter or coconut or peanut oil to prevent sticking
- Drop blueberries onto the wet pancake
- flip pancake when bottom is browned.
- Remove from pan when cooked both sides
- Drizzle with passionfruit or date syrup.
I really enjoy making videos and sharing my recipes. There will be more, so check back soon.