Toucan spicy peanut sauce for vegetable spaghetti. Great with butternut squash
- High speed blender
- 1 cup raw peanuts
- 1 tbsp maple syrup (maybe 2 if you like sweet sauce)
- 1 hot green or red chillie – or as much as you want
- 2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 2 tbsp tamari soy sauce
- half tsp ground black or white pepper
- 1 tbsp cold pressed sesame oil (but toasted tastes best!)
- 1 clove of garlic
- 1 thumb sized piece of peeled ginger
- Put all ingredients into blender and process on slow speed for 3 minutes. The nuts will warm up and release their oil. The consistency should be medium smooth peanut butter. Add a little water if you require your sauce to be runny.
- Mix with raw vegetable spaghetti, on burger buns, as a dip for chips or use on hot noodles.