An easy and delicious summer raw chilled soup, based on Spanish gazpacho. Use whatever fresh veggies you have available, such as cucumber, celery etc.
I like to serve this soup, fresh at room temperature. Avoid putting it in the fridge as lower temperatures switch off and decrease the flavor of tomatoes. I love using rosa tomatoes as they are abundantly available in Portugal, but use whatever you have available, fresh and in season. Always use good quality olive oil.
Serve with fresh bread, croutons or toasted pine nuts.
Chilled summer soup
Based on Spanish Gazpacho, this is a fresh, vibrant, chilled summer soup.
- Blender, lemon zester.
- 1 Wax free lemon. Zest half of it.
- 1 large red pepper
- 2 cloves garlic
- 3 tbsp Good quality olive oil
- 1 tbsp pomegranate vinegar (or sherry/white wine vinegar)
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 tsp sweet smoked paprika
- 2 tbsp chopped scallions
- 2 large Rosa tomatoes or 8 plum tomatoes
- Blend all ingredients.
- Add a little water if desired.
- Serve with an ice cube and more fresh herbs